Yes, legal Day Trips to Cuba are still available!
Air Key West operates in full compliance with the new stricter US regulations announced 4 June 2019.
Our excursions fall under OFAC’s “Support for the Cuban People” guidelines by assisting and sponsoring Cuban entrepreneurs and their privately-owned and privately-run businesses to the maximum extent possible.
Our Havana Day Trip Ernest Hemingway excursion explores and educates travelers on the cultural and historical connections and close ties between Key West and Havana, Cuba.
Scheduled trips are available Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Your day in Havana:
7:15 AM: Check in at Key West International Airport (KEYW).
8:00 AM: Flight departs Key West.
9:00 AM: Arrive at Jose Marti International Airport (MUHA) in Havana, Cuba where you meet your guide and driver.
9:30 AM: Depart MUHA and travel to “Finca Vigia”, Ernest Hemingway’s house and now museum. View Key West-registered boat “Pilar”.
11:30 AM: Visit the fishing village of Cojimar, where Hemingway would depart on fishing expeditions.
12:00 PM: Lunch at a “paladar” (privately-owned restaurant) in Cojimar.
1:30 PM: Visit Old Town Havana Hemingway literary landmarks including:
• “Ambos Mundos” hotel, where Hemingway frequented and whose room is maintained as a free museum.
• “La Bodeguita del Medio” restaurant and bar favored by many writers and poets, including Hemingway.
• “La Floridita” restaurant and bar that claims to be the birth place of the daiquiri, Hemingway’s favorite drink.
• Shop for crafts directly from local vendors at a local market.
4:00 PM: Meet driver at “Parque Central” for return to MUHA.
5:00 PM: Flight departs MUHA.
6:00 PM: Arrive at KEYW.
$995 per person
- Visa & all required documentation
- Transportation & guide in Cuba
- Entry to all museums & points of interest
- Lunch & drinks
- All US & Cuban government taxes
Requires booking no later than 12:00 PM the day prior and a valid passport.
For additional information, call (305) 923-4033