Air Key West Private Charter Flights to Cuba
If you prefer to fly on your own schedule, a private charter can be made to suit your needs and time constraints. Simply complete our “Request a Quote” form (RAQ), and we will gladly provide you with a quote.
Travel to Cuba from the US is permissible under 12 authorized categories by the US Department of Treasury. These are:
- Family visits
- Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations
- Journalistic activity
- Professional research and professional meetings
- Educational activities
- Religious activities
- Public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions
- Support for the Cuban people
- Humanitarian projects
- Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
- Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or informational materials
- Certain export transactions that may be considered for authorization under existing Department of Commerce regulations and guidelines with respect to Cuba or engaged in by U.S.-owned or -controlled foreign firms
Recent changes, however, have placed more stringent requirements on these approved categories. As of November 2017, travel under the General License “Education activities, general license for people-to-people travel” for individuals is no longer acceptable. General Licenses for group people-to-people travel are still authorized, but come with the restriction that these groups must have a set itinerary while in Cuba, and be under the care of a guide. Air Key West can arrange these tours and excursions as part of your trip, and will provide the necessary documentation, visas, etc. as part of the reservation process.